Not more than 2 generations ago, using cloth every month was a way of life.
But these aren't your grandma's cloth pads!
With all the convenience of disposable pads :
- wings to keep them in place and
- contoured to fit your body so well you'll really forget you're wearing anything at all
and none of the nasty inconveniences :
- the bad smell (that's not you, that's the chemicals in disposable pads),
- the rash and discomfort (caused by the lack of air-flow and damp environment caused by sweat due to the heat trapped by the plastic)
- the waste of $ every month (cloth pads will last for years and years),
modern reusable cloth pads are a win-win situation.
Truly, not that hard to care for either, given we now have washing machines and dryers that do all the hard work!