Kiwi Pie Wool Shorts
Our ultra trim wool Kiwi Peels fit like a peel on a kiwi.
Soft elastic at the waist and no elastic at the legs.
These covers are constructed of wool interlock with a touch of Lycra for a great fit.
Kiwi Peels have a double layer on the wet zone yet they are trim enough to wear under clothing. Kiwi Pie wool covers have been felted before sewing, but we recommend hand washing to avoid further shrinkage.
The dyes are colorfast, but just to be safe, please wash seperately the first few times!
PLEASE CARE FOR COVER PROPERLY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY BY THE MANUFACTURER.
Wool will not develop an odor! Because of it's natural resistance to odor and rash-causing bacteria, your cover does not need to be washed every time it is wet. Once a week is fine, unless it becomes soiled.
To wash and dry your cover,follow steps 1 and 8 only from "How to Lanolize your cover" below.
You may want to give your cover an occasional lanolin treatment. This will help increase the performance and lifespan of your cover.
How to Lanolize your Cover:
1. Soak your cover in a sink full of lukewarm water with a tsp of baby shampoo.
2. Leave your sink of water, but set your cover aside.
3. Take a jar with a lid (baby food jars work well) and add 1 cup of boiling water.
4. Add 1/4 tsp. of lanolin and 1 tsp. of shampoo or wool wash.
5. Replace the lid and shake to emulsify the mixture and suspend the lanolin. This mixture will become cloudy, and you should no see oil floating.
6. Remove the lid and add this mixture to your sink of water.
7. Add you cover back to the water and let it soak for a few minutes.
8. Gently roll your cover on a towel and allow to air dry.